I suggest that everyone skims a few pages of their own yearbooks no matter where you're currently at or still at in your lives. Most of the time, we enjoy all the changes. After revisiting my yearbooks after many years, I actually took pleasure in all that hasn't changed: the silly friends who accepted me and the clarity found in simple, scribbled messages. Once again, it's time to wear the black gown across the stage for college. The past 8-9 years were incredible and I'm surprisingly in touch with a lot of these characters below.
1. “You know you want to be a part of the homo club”
2. “Tareeny!! Okay so you are still definitely a B but you are prob. one of the coolest girls in this school. You’re “okay” looking…lol. but I love you"
The other douchey, okay looking, Indian male at the school wrote this.
3. “Dear Mean Queen Tareen, there is nothing to say that hasn’t already been said. It has come to be that sadness and happiness, our words and thoughts seem to pass between us though we do not say them. We are stoic, usually. The more we say to each other, the less we understand. So HAVE A REALLY GOOD TIME WITH WHATEVER THE HELL YOU DO WITH THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.”
Get a grip, you're only 14 years old. This guy was the closest thing to a brother to me throughout middle school and high school. Now I have to say he's like a sister to me due to some events that TRANSpired.
4. "You are my favorite Indian dish"
5. "I think you're filthy amazing. You're probably cool enough to have my kids. Breathtakingly beautiful too"
6."To be honest, I think you're an 8"
7. "If you ever become a MILF, call me"
Lots of horny dudes in 10th grade.
8. "A una estudiante muy especial. Ha sido un placer tenerte en mi clase este ano. Espero lo mejor para el futuro.
Si, seniorita. Hola. Burrito.
9. "You are strange"
10. “Oh and if you ever become a doctor, let me know and I’ll come play sick ; )”
Why Kenny? Is it because I’m Indian? I ended up doing accounting, you dweeb. Let me help you allocate your ASSets ; ) ; )
11. “TAREEN. LEADER OF THE ASIANS.”
Gregg = virginity
13. “T-to the –REN. Hit me up”
14. “You gotta follow my footsteps”
I’m about 9 months behind on growing an infant inside of me. I’ll start immediately.
15. “BITCH – Be In Touch Cool Homie”
At least all of my friends had enough dignity to never write HAGS
16. “I always loved to look back and see your facial expressions. You always seemed to show empathy in my class. You were my favorite”
SUCK ON THAT, first period psychology class.
17. “I’m pretty much in love with you gurly <3 ”
She pretty much turned out to be a CRAY
18. “Remember my smell 4 ever!!”
I let this dude marry one of my middle school friends.
19. “That trunk ride from the funeral home was so entertaining”
20. “I brought out the crazy side in you”
Megan, lets further discuss what all you’re willing to take blame for. Message me.
21. “Math was fun”
22. “It was nice getting to know the hottest Muslim in class LOL”
23. “Your Jay Leno chin still cracks me up”
24. “Was up PIMPIN”
What a dude says to you after he realizes that maybe you’ll never crush on him back
25. “Stay fresh, we’re fruits”
No drugs were involved in this yearbook entry. Kevin, I hope you kept your pledge to remain drug free! You never needed it. Flower power.
26. “I had fun, you’re really nice. It was nice sitting next to you”
WAS IT BEN? Was I so fun to sit next to because I’m so nice because I’m so fun all because I’m nice?
27. “Thanks for all your help with the chick. Though it definitely did not work out. We are hanging out over da summmmmer!”
Not to worry Daniel, I have carried on this tradition of issuing failing romance advice
28. “I think of you every time I go to the supermarket and walk by the wasabi peas. Well, I cant see right now because butterball turned off the lights :/ good luck with college!”
29. “You are not complicated, I get you.”
30. “I think you made a wonderful savage woman in AP English”